Zuto Review | www.zuto.com
Address: Winterton House, Winterton Way, Macclesfield, SK11 0LP.
Branding: Zuto. AKA: Zuto Loans.
FCA Licence: 452589.
From: Zuto Ltd.
Launched: 2015 (2006 as CarLoan4U).
Related: No companies.
Available: Monday to Friday (9am/8pm), Saturday to Sunday (9am/6pm).
Bad Credit Considered: Yes.
Manage: Zuto login provided via www.zuto.com.
Products: Conditional sale, hire purchase, personal contract purchase.
Sums: £1500 to £50,000 (new and returning).
Terms: 24 to 60 months.
5.9% to 31.6% APR
Notes: This company goes the extra mile by providing a free dealer and HPI check and there is also a valuation report on the vehicle. They also complete all of the paperwork for you and issue CHAPS payments. Outside of dealerships, private sales are possible.
– Amounts: Financing levels reach as high as £50,000.
– Eligibility: All financial circumstances are considered. Whilst the premier names attached to their panel will require an excellent score, there are lenders attached that can accommodate poor credit (just expect to pay 31.6%). There is now a general range headed at 5.9% to 31.6% APR rather than the previous 5 split tiers.
– Panel: This prominent broker doesn’t disclose the complete list of lenders that they use. Barclays, Hitachi, Paragon and Santander are shown in badges. In total there are 18 companies (80 plans).
– Operations: Applications are processed daily including weekends.
– Private: Most plans run through dealerships (either your choice or they can do the searching). Unlike many brokers though they do let you buy from a private seller.
– Profile: It is never easy to start over with a fresh identity. However a new TV ad campaign quickly jump-started their profile and they are now the most highly searched broker. Business has been booming and to support their growth they have opened a supporting office in Manchester that supports their HQ in Macclesfield. Total staff now sits at 300.
– Reviews: Top rated on Trustpilot scoring at 94% with almost 3000 reviews notched up.
– 18 lenders are now attached to their panel. The previous count was 15.
– Account logins have now been added to the site.
– Opening times have slightly changed.
– The rebrand took place in May 2015 not long after they had opened their new office. The reason behind the change is that their service covers many varied areas such as finding your motor, the checks that they run, the paperwork etc. They wanted a unique identity to match their unique service.