WageDayAdvance Review | www.wagedayadvance.co.uk
Address: Wellington Plaza, Wellington St, Leeds, LS1 4DL.
Branding: WageDayAdvance. AKA: Wage Day Advance, WDA.
FCA Licence: 672831.
From: WageDayAdvance Ltd (part of CURO Financial Technologies Corp).
Related: Speedy Cash (Store).
Bad Credit WageDayAdvance Loans Available?: Yes.
Manage: WageDayAdvance login provided via www.wagedayadvance.co.uk.
Offers: Payday and instalment loans.
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday (8am/8pm), Saturday (9am/5pm), Sunday (10am/4pm).
Secure (SSL): Yes.
Sums: £80 to £500 (new) | £750 max (returning) (short).
Sums: £100 to £500 (new) | £1000 max (returning) (Advance Plus).
Terms: 1 to 3 months (short) | 4 to 6 months (Advance Plus).
£22.40 /£100 (30) <0.747%>
£211.20 /£300 (3) <0.782%>
£253.99 /£300 (6) <0.470%>
– Experience: WDA has been actively trading since the year 2004. This makes them one of just a handful of companies that has surpassed 10 years.
– Operations: For a long time this lender operated between Monday and Saturday, but they later updated to also trade on Sundays.
– Ownership: This company was acquired by Speedy Cash in February 2013. They are listed through the SRC Transatlantic Ltd subsidiary of the American owner (CURO Financial Technologies Corp) who are based in Wichita (Kansas). They have 420 stores spread across Canada and the United States. A big development since the FCA cap saw Speedy stop lending online and so you can only reach them through a store. The WageDay loans do look to be safe from closure. Not long back they for instance moved from Skipton into a swanky new office in Leeds city centre. They also hit the news some time back as being the second most profitable payday lender (only behind Wonga).
– Profile: This is one of the most popular lenders (outside of the big 3). They promote considerably online and their affiliate program has proved popular. They have also advertised on the E4 TV channel. Their experience has played its role and they have continually developed their product and website over the years. Whilst they have been highly profitable, with the new office move and the tight cap on pricing it remains to be seen whether they can maintain their prominence.
– 2016 has seen the addition of instalment terms. They also previously capped sums at £350 (new) and £750 (return). There is now also more value over the month at £22.40. Their owner has changed names (was Speedy Group Holdings Corp).
– FlexAdvance is now closed. This was a secondary loan option carrying an 18 month term that could be settled early. They have since extended to 6 months.
– Pricing came in at £29.50/£100 for interest and same day funding was optional at £15. Through the new cap they charged £24 and have since lowered this further.
– Website has also taken on a redesign.