Vivus Review | www.vivus.co.uk
Address: Birchin Court, 20 Birchin Lane, London, EC3V 9DU.
Branding: Vivus. AKA: Vivus Loans.
FCA Licence: 674394.
From: V7 Ltd.
Launched: 2012 (relaunched in 2016).
Related: No companies.
Bad Credit Vivus Loans Available?: Yes.
Manage: Vivus login provided via www.vivus.co.uk.
Offers: Short term and payday loans.
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday (9am/7pm), Saturday (9am/2pm).
Secure (SSL): Yes.
Sums: £100 to £500 (new) | £1000 max (returning).
Terms: 10 to 41 days.
£12 /£100 (30) (first loan) <0.400%>
£24 /£100 (30) (existing) <0.800%>
Notes: The original UK launch was in 2012 and they then Closed in late 2014. The relaunch took place in February 2016. The past owner (4Finance) is now a small shareholder only. This project is under new management (likely on a licensing agreement). The 50% discount is available to first time users only.
– International: 4Finance Holding S.A is not the owner of V7 Ltd, but since we are familiar with the original company, we’ll look at their success on the global stage. This Latvian Group did operate in around a dozen countries. The latest count was 15 that included Argentina, Armenia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, Poland, Romania, Spain, Sweden and the United States. The addition of the UK takes this tally to 16 and they have plans to expand further across the Americas. Other than the featured brand, they often trade as SMSCredit and Zaplo. They have now moved in almost as many locations as Ferratum who serve 20 countries. What really counts is entering a location and becoming the #1 solution. This has been achieved by the Vivus loans division in Poland that is one of Europe’s fastest growing lending markets.
– Operations: Has recently extended business hours to Saturdays.
– Pricing: Factoring the new customer deal, this is now the joint 2nd cheapest payday lender tied with Sunshine Credit. Both charge £12 per £100, but the returning fee here is £24.
– Promotion: 50% saving on your first loan turning £24 into just £12. This is an excellent deal considering that they are paying by Faster Payments (it costs them several pounds to initiate such transfers). As impressive as this deal may be, when they did initially launch locally they provided the first loans for free. They still do this in key European locations where there is no subprime demand as you’ll find here and in the United States.
– Amounts recently changed again. On the last check was £100/£300 (N) and £700 max (R). Their hours have also updated from Monday/Friday (9am/5pm).
– Amounts started at £50 (now £100). This point and those following refer to their original service.
– Minimum age was 20, but this has dropped to 18.
– Opening times were 8am/4pm (now 9am/5pm).
– Pricing was free when you tried them out. When coming back per £100 you then paid £15.90 (7 days) and £25 (30). This was before the industry cap came into force.
– Terms have been cut to remove weekly options. You could choose 7 to 30 days (now 10 to 41).