Square Today Review | www.squaretoday.co.uk
Address: Ratho Park, Station Road, Newbridge, Edinburgh, EH28 8QQ.
Branding: Square Today. AKA: SquareToday.
FCA Licence: 661919.
From: Cheque Centres Ltd (part of CNG Financial Corp).
Related: Cash Generator (Store), Cheque Centre (Store).
Bad Credit Square Today Loans Available?: Yes.
Manage: Square Today login provided via www.squaretoday.co.uk.
Offers: Instalment and personal loans.
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday (9am/5pm).
Secure (SSL): Yes.
Sums: £200 to £850 (new and returning) (short).
Sums: £1000 to £5000 (new and returning) (long).
Terms: 5 to 9 months (short) | 1 to 3 years (long).
£279.52 /£300 (6) <0.518%>
£418.27 /£1000 (12) <0.115%>
Notes: There are term restrictions based on how much money you require. Loans are available online or through Cheque Centre stores (not Cash Generator). These companies are within the same group. Self-employed applicants are considered. Whilst they do close at the weekend, you can head to a store on a Saturday.
– Amounts: There is a nice spread of available loan sums particularly when selecting the longer term product. Here they head as high as £5000.
– Branches: It is stated that these loans are available in the stores of their supporting CNG brands. Cheque Centre currently has 53 branches (once much larger) and Cash Generator has around 190.
– Flexibility: The Square Today loans would ideally start from 3 months onwards. Still, the complete span of 5 to 36 is an ideal range to chop down repayments when larger amounts are requested.
– Ownership: Axcess Financial Services is a division of CNG Financial Corp (both are headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio). Their 2 big local acquisitions highlights their prominence on the UK high street. Over in the United States they are in control of Check ‘n Go who are one of America’s largest lenders with 1000+ locations spread across 27 states. We’ll just have to wait and see how much investment is directed at this fresh project that appears to have launched quietly in May 2015. With the exception of holding a listing on Money.co.uk we haven’t seen them promoted elsewhere.
– Their larger loan has become much more competitive. On our last check the charge per £1000 per year was £761.16 and this is now £418.27.