Skyline Direct Review | www.skylinedirect.com
Address: 6-16 Duncrue Crescent, Belfast, BT3 9BW.
Branding: Skyline Direct. Also known as: SkylineDirect.
FCA Licence: 635194.
From: Skyline Direct Ltd.
Launched: 1950s. See notes.
Related: No companies.
Available: Monday to Thursday (8.30am/5.30pm), Friday (8.30am/3pm).
Bad credit considered: Yes.
Manage: No Skyline Direct login at www.skylinedirect.com.
Offers: Doorstep loans and Love2Shop vouchers.
Pricing: £150/£300 (30 weeks).
Sums: £100 to £200 (new) | £1000 max (returning).
Terms: 20 or 30 weeks.
Notes: This service was designed to cater residents of Northern Ireland, although they have now spread to select locations in Scotland. Funding is not available across England. With formation there is just a note that they have been operating for over 60 years and so we added the 1950s above as a rough estimate. The website itself was registered in 2009. The number of agents, customer base tally etc is not disclosed. Our cost example would be available for return customers only. The applications are not securely processed.
– Debit Card: Repayments can alternatively be made by debit card without an agent that is only available elsewhere in this sector with Short Term Finance.
– Experience: The company history certainly dates back far, but no further information is shared on how they got started.
– Pricing: The cost of this service works out a little cheaper than Provident who themselves are price matched by a few companies. The value is notable here although it is just a shame that the service availability is severely restricted. This is also the case with Mutual who are the cheapest home collection loan provider on the market, but you can’t find them in most locations.
– Vouchers: To support the central borrowing option, you can receive Love2Shop vouchers that can be used at 85 retailers that includes many leading high street brands. The voucher benefit is that the cost works out much cheaper. £300 over 20 is £90 (that replaces £120). There is also an extended 40 week option where the price is £120 that significantly reduces the interest rate further.
– CCTA membership being taken on appears to be a recent development, although they may have simply only just started to promote it since they revamped the site.
– Website has been redesigned recently. The graphics are improved and they now share previously hidden info such as their opening times.