Savvy Review | www.savvy.co.uk
Address: Barons Court, Manchester Road, Wilmslow, SK9 1BQ.
Branding: Savvy. AKA: Savvy.co.uk.
FCA Licence: 718303.
From: Valour Finance Ltd (part of Valour Group (UK) Plc).
Launched: 2014 (? as Lightning Loans and Valour Loans).
Related: Best4Loans (broker).
Bad Credit Savvy Loans Available?: Yes.
Manage: Savvy login provided via www.savvy.co.uk.
Offers: Instalment and personal loans.
Opening Hours: Monday to Thursday (8am/7pm), Friday (8am/5pm), Saturday (10am/2pm).
Secure (SSL): Yes.
Sums: £200 and £3000 (new and returning).
Terms: 6 to 24 months.
£300 /£300 (6) <0.556%>
£999.92 /£1000 (12) <0.274%>
Notes: We doubled a £500 sum above to compare them against other firms. £1k is not available over a full year. There are actually heavy term restrictions that run as: £200 to £400 (6), £425 to £850 (12), £875 to £1500 (15), £1525 to £2000 (18) and £2025 to £3000 (24). Their opening hours are not shared on their site, but they are on Facebook that we have added above. We have been unable to track their formation year under their original “Valour” company. An email has been sent their way to confirm. It is marked in their FAQ that they usually ask for scanned copies of bank statements and payslips. Best4Loans (linked above) has closed and been replaced by a comparison service. We’ll replace that old profile soon.
– Amounts: £3000 is available on the initial loan for qualifying applicants.
– Operations: They trade for a few hours on Saturdays.
– Ownership: Valour Group (UK) Plc looks to be a name to watch out for in the future. Back in 2015 they were awarded as Stockport’s Business of the Year (our local town). They have also made good strides forward through their brokerage service that was called Best4Loans. This has since been closed with the site now redirecting to Money Hotshot (they also broker there). Through the featured company they have only paid out 20,300+ loans. There was a recent TV ad in September 2016 though and so business is expected to peak over 2017.
– 2017 has seen a few service changes from the last time that we checked up. They did offer between £300 and £2000 over a full year. Select applicants were offered 6 months (for £100 to £300). Their address has changed, the owner’s name has also changed and there was also the rebrand of their brokerage site.
– Amounts accessible for the standard service were £600 to £2000. They did previously offer a monthly payday loan from £80 to £800. The back-up 6 month option wasn’t in place previously. As seen above, further term updates have gone through.
– Pricing has been reduced. They did charge £1199.96.
– Rebranding for this firm has taken place on 2 occasions. This latest domain is aged, but there was an update in November 2014 that was when the setup period likely took place. Before this time they were known as Lightning Loans and previous to this as Valour. The launch years for these are currently unknown.