PaydayUK Review | www.paydayuk.co.uk
Address: PO BOX 255, Bicester, Oxon, OX26 4ZY.
Branding: PaydayUK. AKA: Payday UK, PDUK.
FCA Licence: 681750.
From: Instant Cash Loans Ltd (part of DFC Global Corp).
Related: Payday Express, The Money Shop, TMS (Store).
Bad Credit PaydayUK Loans Available?: Yes.
Manage: PaydayUK login provided via www.paydayuk.co.uk.
Offers: Payday, instalment and personal loans.
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday (8am/7pm), Saturday (9am/4pm).
Secure (SSL): Yes.
Sums: £100 to £2000 (new and returning).
Terms: 1 to 12 months.
£24 /£100 (30) <0.800%>
£139.98 /£300 (3) <0.518%>
£217.80 /£300 (6) <0.403%>
£807.56 /£1000 (12) <0.221%>
Notes: Deposit times run hourly between 4am and midnight 7/7. These times differ a little at Payday Express that is the only minor difference between the pair.
– Amounts: £1000 is available over a single month. If you required their top sum of £2000 then you’d need to start at 5 months. It is a shame to see that they no longer offer customers the ability to choose sums in £1 increments (now £10).
– Cashback: There was previously a cashback incentive in place of £5 on each £100 borrowed. This was provided to all customers once the loan had been repaid. Whilst this offer is not currently in place, it may well return in the future.
– Experience: PDUK has been actively trading online since 2003 and so they are one of the most experienced British lenders.
– Operations: All customers can receive their loan between Monday and Saturday. If you are an existing customer then you can access funds on Sunday (subject to no flags).
– Ownership: Whilst this company was created locally by MEM Consumer Finance in the year 2003, they were later taken over by DFC Global Corp in early 2011 (when they were called Dollar Financial Group Inc). This American owner that is a big player on the international stage has poured plenty of funding into this brand in focus including the “Mayday” TV ad campaign. This media contract is managed by The Specialist Works.
– Profile: This has been a major lender since their early formation. In those early days they battled with QuickQuid for market dominance. In time stepped up Wonga who became the #1 brand. Collectively, DFC still commands a sizeable share of the British market.
– Added flexibility to their standard monthly term saw added options of 2, 3, 4 or 5 months. This range is now 1 to 12 with an increased potential loan of £2000. There has been a minor change on the pricing side.
– Pricing before the industry cap was £29.95 on each £100 that was borrowed.
– The subsidiary of Instant Cash Loans Ltd is now used ahead of MEM Consumer Finance Ltd. All DFC brands are now attached to the same licence.