Hitachi Personal Finance Review | www.hitachipersonalfinance.co.uk
Address: 2 Apex View, Leeds, LS11 9BH.
Branding: Hitachi Personal Finance. Also known as: Hitachi Loans.
FCA Licence: 449753.
From: Hitachi Ltd.
Related: BeSavvi, Hitachi Capital.
Available: Monday to Friday (8.45am/7.30pm), Saturday (8.45am/12pm).
Bad credit considered: Fair-to-good score required.
Manage: Hitachi Personal Finance login provided via www.hitachipersonalfinance.co.uk.
Offers: Personal loans.
Pricing: £393.44/£10,000 (2 years).
Sums: £2500 to £25,000 (new and returning).
Terms: 2 to 5 years.
Notes: The borrowing amounts and terms start high and so we were unable to provide the usual example of £1000 over 12 months. The example that is displayed above is set at 3.8% APR. When browsing the site you will see car, home improvement and personal loan sections, but there are no differences between each. once applications are approved, you could see the funds as quickly as the next working day thanks to e-signature.
– Amounts: You can access the potential sum of £25,000 here that is made more attractive by the fact that they don’t discriminate first time applicants. Unsecured loan amounts at this level are commonly only available from major banks. Praise is due for the highs, but you would prefer to see a smaller starting point than £2500. It would also be preferential to see shorter terms offered, although you could just settle early on that side.
– Operations: Customer support on Saturdays only lasts for a few hours, but some coverage is better than non. There is a notice that their support team helps more than 30,000 people each month.
– Ownership: One of Japan’s most successful companies that generates profits surpassing £1.4 billion. You can find them listed on both the Forbes Global 2000 and the Fortune Global 500. They are highly diversified, building everything from lifts, to military vehicles, to power tools etc. In the financial world, they are mostly known in the UK through their financing in the motoring and retail markets. This particular brand in focus only arrived in 2013, but they had started out with BeSavvi.
– Pricing: The competitive 3.8% rate is one of the UK’s market leading rates. You do have to access a fair chunk though. If you borrowed between £3000 and £4999 then the rate would raise to 4.4%. To date, the cheapest personal loan that we have tracked down arrives from Sainsbury’s Bank at 3.4%.
– Profile: Has gathered an impressive level of popularity considering that they only arrived back in June 2013. It is currently headed that they have served more than 5 million customers in the UK. To really compete with the big banks, they will need to invest more in advertising though alike 118 118 Money who launched in the same year.