Hitachi Capital Review | www.hitachicapital.co.uk
Address: 2 Apex View, Leeds, LS11 9BH.
Branding: Hitachi Capital. Also known as: HitachiCapital.
FCA Licence: 449753.
From: Hitachi Ltd.
Related: BeSavvi, Hitachi Personal Finance.
Available: Monday to Friday (8.45am/7.30pm), Saturday (8.45am/12pm).
Bad credit considered: Fair-to-good score required.
Manage: No Hitachi Capital login at www.hitachicapital.co.uk.
Niche: Car, retail.
Pricing: 11.7% APR.
Products: Hire purchase, personal contract hire, personal loans.
Sums: £2000 to £25,000 (new and returning).
Terms: 24 to 60 months.
Notes: Financing products can be received through brokers and dealers only with well known partners including CarLoan4U, Creditas and Stoneacre. You can however directly apply for car loans through www.hitachipersonalfinance.co.uk and there is a login there. The rates start from just 3.8% APR on that side. We took the customer support info from there since no times are provided on the website in focus. Hitachi Capital finance for bad credit wouldn’t be accessible, but a fair score should be ok. They do accept self-employed applicants.
– Amounts: Credit is available up to the level of £25,000.
– Experience: The formation year of 1982 highlights the level of experience that has been notched up here. The Group owner was formed way back in 1910.
– Operations: Their advisors can be reached on Saturdays.
– Ownership: The Japanese conglomerate generates profits at around £1.4 billion. They are highly diversified across 11 broad business segments. They claim to be the UK’s largest provider of point of sale retail consumer credit, providing over £1 billion in 2012/13 and looking after more than 5 million customers. That covers retail whilst with motoring they have around 800,000 customers. They are an efficient lender to have on a dealership panel through their tech developments such as CreditMaster2 that helps to generate instant lending decisions.
– Pricing: For motor finance we spotted the rate of 11.7% online. This itself isn’t that great, but you can get hold of a car loan from them at just 3.8%. Their personal loan project only launched back in 2013. BeSavvi dates back a little further, but that company isn’t that well known and the rates are higher there.
– No recent updates.