Halifax Loans Review | www.halifax.co.uk
Address: PO Box 548, Leeds, LS1 1WU.
Branding: Clarity Loan. AKA: Halifax Loans.
FCA Licence: 593292.
From: Lloyds Banking Group Plc.
Related: BOS (Fin), BOS (Loan), Black Horse, Halifax (Fin), Lloyds (Fin), Lloyds (Loan).
Bad Credit Halifax Loans Available?: No.
Manage: Halifax login provided via www.halifax.co.uk.
Offers: Personal loans.
Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday (8am/10pm).
Sums: £1000 to £25,000 (new and returning).
Terms: 12 to 84 months.
£149 /£1000 (12).
£298.40 /£1000 (24).
£261.56 /£10,000 (12).
£506.96 /£10,000 (24).
Notes: Must hold a bank account (excluding Easycash) of at least 3 months. If you don’t have an account, but you have a credit card or mortgage with them then you can apply by phone only. The APR figures across the displayed examples are 29.9% (1k) and 4.9% (10k). Existing customers with online access can receive instant funding. Logins are actually redirected to www.halifax-online.co.uk.
– Amounts: A £25,000 loan in minutes is possible here.
– Branches: There are 800 branches across the UK. There is close to 2000 across the larger Group.
– Efficiency: Account holders that use online banking can see the money cleared in minutes after approval. There is going to be a delay for those that don’t use online banking. Whilst it appears possible to access funding if you have an account elsewhere, there would be a wait of several days. It may be the case that they’ll attempt to lure you in with a switch. They have been one the most successful banks doing this and the current reward is £100.
– Experience: Their beginnings can be traced back to the year 1853 when they were formed as a building society. The naming was taken from the town of the same name in West Yorkshire. They are now devised as a division of Bank of Scotland.
– Operations: Extensive times run 7/7 until 10pm. Some customers have different times for ongoing support. This is when they are on older loan agreements.
– Ownership: The Lloyds Banking Group is one of the Big Four and the 2nd largest British bank by market capitalisation. They sit behind HSBC Holdings. Banco Santander does rank above them, but they are Spanish. They are also the UK’s largest provider of residential mortgages and savings accounts.
– Profile: The 800 branch network may be smaller than most, but they are certainly punching above their weight. They were the UK’s largest building society over the time that they maintained that structure. Now that they have moved on, this position is held by Nationwide. The Halifax loan just made the top 5 factoring popularity of all banks for personal loans and so they are in greater demand than those of BOS/Lloyds. In regards to customer volume, they only state that 4 million customers use their online facility. Update: Lloyds say they have 18 million customers that is the largest tally in UK banking.
– Customer tally added.
– Interest has increased for 10k sums. This was 3.9%, then 4.4% and now 4.9%.
– Times have been updated.