George Banco Review | www.georgebanco.com
Address: The Blue Building, Dairy House Farm, Beckington, Frome, BA11 6TE.
Branding: George Banco. AKA: GeorgeBanco.
FCA Licence: 662983.
From: GeorgeBanco.com Ltd.
Related: Masa Loans.
Available: Monday to Friday (8am/5.30pm), Saturday (10am/2pm).
Bad Credit Considered: Yes.
Manage: George Banco login provided via www.georgebanco.com.
Offers: Guarantor and personal loans.
Sums: £1000 to £7500 (new and returning) | £5000 max (personal).
Terms: 12 to 60 months.
£323 /£1000 (12) (guar)
£373.64 /£1000 (12) (pers)
£529.52 /£1000 (24) (guar)
£637.28 /£1000 (24) (pers)
Notes: The rates are 49.7% (guar) and with no backing 84.9% (12) and 67.4% (24). It appears that you now apply for the personal loan and then if you don’t qualify for this they’ll offer the guarantor option. Customer support hours for existing customers differ as Mon/Thu (8am/8pm), Fri (8am/5.30pm) and Sat (10am/2pm). Guarantors can be homeowners or tenants. As well as having a good credit score they must be aged at 25 or above (there is no noted limit). Payout usually takes 48 hours. There is however a new FastTrack option, but no further info is provided (there would likely be a fee added).
– Amounts: Some guarantor lenders offer similar sizeable loan sums, but very few grant as much as £7500 when tenants back the application. Without a backing, they offer £5000.
– Eligibility: This lender is happy to consider those with a very poor credit history. Those that do have a bad track record won’t likely qualify for their personal loan.
– Operations: They are open on Saturdays although they have cut down their hours recently.
– Personal: Headlined as starting from 29.9% APR, but we were quoted 84.9% (12) and 67.4% (24). On the application form they state that you are applying for this product. The guarantors choice would likely be offered should the lead not score well. One thing to add is that you can pick between either product at their new Masa company and there is no pricing variation on that side.
– Amounts were originally offered between £1000 and £5000.
– FastTrack has been introduced. Still waiting on more details.
– Pricing has increased over time. You at least now get a good deal without involving a third party.
– RateDropper was introduced in 2015 to cut down rates when you pay on time, but this promotion has now been taken down.
– Times have changed on Saturdays. Was previously 10am to 4pm.
– Website’s look has been improved.