Creation Review | www.creation.co.uk
Address: Chadwick House, Blenheim Court, Solihull, B91 2AA.
Branding: Creation Personal Loan. AKA: Creation Loans.
FCA Licence: 433093.
From: Creation Consumer Finance Ltd (part of BNP Paribas S.A.).
Related: No companies.
Available: Monday to Friday (8.30am/9pm), Saturday (9am/6pm).
Bad Credit Considered: Fair-to-good score required.
Manage: Creation login provided via www.creation.co.uk.
Offers: Personal loans.
Sums: £1000 to £20,000 (new and returning).
Terms: 12 to 60 months.
Notes: APR at 1k is 19.9% and for 10k it is 9.9%. You can’t choose a 12 month term for this larger loan since this period is capped at £5000. There is some conflicting info presented on contact. In the main borrowing section the times as displayed above are headed. If you however look in the contact area they additionally list Sundays (10am/6pm) for borrowing. It may be the case that Sunday support is provided to existing customers only, but they don’t clarify this. To qualify, all applicants must be aged between 25 and 70. The minimum annual salary asked for is £12,000. Whilst instant decisions are provided there will be a delay of several working days whilst the forms head through the post. The address where you send the loan agreement to differs to the correspondence address. This is listed as PO Box 14455, Birmingham, B25 9ER.
– Amounts: Since prime audiences are targeted, they do offer significant sums reaching £20,000.
– Experience: Originally formed back in 1973. Became part of LaSer in 1999 that brought them into the same family as France’s largest bank (BNP Paribas) who are rooted to the year 1822.
– Operations: There is plenty of time to get applications checked over on Saturdays. As was covered in the notes, we can’t confirm Sundays.
– Ownership: On checking LaSer’s site they headed that BNP Paribas was the 4th largest bank in the world. They are referring here to assets owned, but in recent years they have in fact fallen down this list and currently rank 7th. The only European bank ranking ahead of them is our own HSBC.
– Pricing: 19.9% on the smaller loan is one of the top non-bank prime rates.
– Profile: The introduction of Creation loans appears to be relatively new. We have covered their unsecured product today where they lend directly. There is however also a homeowner section although they are just referring here to the broker Freedom Finance. This company is of course mostly known through their affinity credit card range. They issue branded cards for football clubs (notably Everton FC), travel companies (notably Flybe) and various other established brands. Collectively, they manage around 4 million customers on behalf of 300 partners.