Barclays Partner Finance Review | www.barclayspartnerfinance.com
Address: PO Box 2501, Cardiff, CF23 0FP.
Branding: Barclays Partner Finance. Also known as: Carrick Finance, Clydesdale Financial Services.
FCA Licence: 311753.
From: Barclays Plc.
Launched: 2003 (1930s as Carrick).
Related: Barclays (Loans).
Available: Monday to Friday (8am/8pm), Saturday (9am/5.30pm).
Bad credit considered: Fair-to-good score required.
Manage: No Barclays Partner Finance login at www.barclayspartnerfinance.com.
Niche: Car, leisure, retail.
Pricing: 6% APR (estimated).
Products: Conditional sale, personal contract purchase, personal loan.
Sums: £1500 to £50,000 (new and returning).
Terms: 12 to 60 months.
Notes: There is no apply function at the referenced site. You will need to use a broker (such as Zuto) or an approved dealership. Many companies do use them, but no information surrounds the size of their network. No rates are disclosed. They offer unsecured car loans (Barclayloan) through www.barclays.co.uk at 4.9%. The financing is more likely to come in at 6%. The formation of Carrick is mentioned as 1930s with no specific year. Barclays Partner Finance for bad credit is not likely, but with a fair score you may qualify if you can get together a sizeable deposit.
– Amounts: Large sums as high as £50,000 are available on Conditional Sale and PCP agreements. The Barclayloan car loan stretches to £15k that may be matched through dealerships.
– Experience: Everyone is aware of the bank that is one of the UK’s Big Four founded in 1690. With this specific company, Carrick was launched in the 1930s and they took on the identity of Clydesdale Financial Services in 1987. It was in 2003 that this bank acquired them that was when the current name was introduced that they trade under. There is no doubt that the experience held in this market is as extensive as you will find.
– Operations: Customer support and underwriting takes place on Saturdays (9am to 5.30pm).
– Ownership: The support of this banking giant (formed in 1690) has enabled Clydesdale to grow into one of the key players in motor financing with many established dealers choosing them. They have of course faced major challenges from their banking rivals. The biggest of these is the Lloyds Banking Group that operates as Black Horse. Then there is also Santander who have been emerging well since they launched in this market in 2005.
– Profile: Barclays Partner Finance is one of the market leading motoring lenders as they are in leisure and retail. No data surrounds their dealership base, amount of funding issued each year etc. They are however one of the most common names that we see promoted at leading dealers. They are also very popular in general web search.
– Nothing recent.