1st Stop Car Finance Review | www.1ststop.co.uk
Address: Unit 2, Lumley Court, Drum Industrial Estate, Chester-le-Street, DH2 1AN.
Branding: 1st Stop Car Finance. AKA: First Stop Finance.
FCA Licence: 636012.
From: The 1st Stop Group Ltd.
Related: 1st Stop Personal Loans.
Available: Monday to Thursday (8.30am/6pm), Friday (8.30am/5pm), Saturday (9am/5pm).
Bad Credit Considered: Fair-to-good score required.
Manage: No 1st Stop Car Finance login at www.1ststop.co.uk.
Niche: Car, LCV.
Products: Hire purchase.
Sums: £2000 to £15,000 (new and returning).
Terms: 12 to 60 months.
Notes: Your motor can be sourced from any reputable dealer. You can apply directly or through any broker partners. The main Group was established in 2004, but this HP product arrived in 2010. Their FCA listing now shows as Inactive. They would likely be soon switching to Conister’s (#038088).
– Experience: This is still 1st’s product that they promote, screen for and manage, but Conister Bank Ltd now operates as the actual lender of funds that has been the case since a funding agreement was set in 2013. Conister Bank was founded on the Isle of Man in 1935 as a vehicle lender and so there is plenty of valued experience when you combine these firms.
– Operations: Saturday has only recently been added (9am/5pm).
– APR is now 31.9%. When we last checked the range was 36.3% to 42.85%.
– Bad credit is no longer catered here. They have however lowered the required age from 22 to 18. This switch was kind of expected. There was a time when they offered guarantor and payday loans, but each of these are now long gone.
– Conister also now funds their Home option, but not currently their Personal loan offering.
– Saturday now added and the general times have changed. They previously listed: Monday to Thursday (8.30am/7pm) and Friday (8.30am/5.30pm).
– Site design has took on a few revamps in recent years.